Update May 6: Kids4AL has it’s own website! The Kids4AL Boxes of Hope information has been update at www.Kids4AL.com.
Praise God, this is where we are today!
- Information about Project 1 went live on my personal webpage Saturday.
- Tweets from friends begin to flow about “Boxes of Hope”.
- First request for boxes came for Webster’s Chapel area (this is a couple of miles from Southside Baptist where I served as Children’s Minister) from good friend and Southern Baptist Disaster Relief coordinator Julia Ford.
- FBC Katy, TX was the first church to tweet they had kids filling boxes. Thx @Jonathan_Howe
- Churches and kids began packing boxes
- Christopher Sykes, Children’s Pastor at Parkview Baptist Church in Decatur, blogger, and @Fuzionkids tweeter donated the logo and is currently working on a website for Kids4AL!
- I begin the process of getting partners and will be following up with lots of churches, organizations, and businesses today. If you are interested in volunteering your services or resources please email me Kids4AL at gmail dot com.
- I’m meeting with key Kids4AL leaders this morning to get the foundation of Kids4AL set. I will update later about who these people are, their roles, and contact information.
- Meeting with Grace Klein Community volunteers tonight. If you are in the BHM area and would like to be a volunteer, come to the meeting starting at 8.
- Projects 2 and 3 have been postponed until we get the website up since most of this relies on technology that could be lost when we move blogging content. Stay tuned…it is going to be a great addition to our efforts in bringing hope!
Current Prayer Needs:
Continue to pray for hope and healing that only Jesus can bring for persons affected by the tornadoes. This is going to be a week of funerals in AL. Also, the shock is wearing off and grief is going to be setting in. AL needs your prayers. Use this map in your prayers.
Pray for kids packing and receiving the Kids4AL Boxes of Hope.
Pray Kids4AL volunteers, resources, and partners emerge this week to fill all the gaps. Our biggest need will be getting the boxes to where they need to be.
Pray that today I and the leadership team will use our time to focus on the things that have the most eternal significance.
Pray for a social networking team to emerge to support this effort.
I’m being careful not to get in the way of the distribution of basic resources. I hope to be working through already established distribution routes, but we will have our own Kids4AL coordinator from each area on site who will make sure that our work and volunteers compliment and doesn’t impede the disaster relief work in progress.